Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Sunny Day in New York

Today... I was as free as a bird...

So I put on my jogging gear... and took to the streets of NYC...

It was a gorgeous day in New York - perfect in every way... sunny, warm, with a nice breeze...

Running in the city is pretty safe if you stop for traffic and take in the sights along the way!

I have always been a good runner - just not a serious runner.  I like a diversion - an opportunity to see something new, something interesting...  discovering what comes along... every time there is a visual to behold...

Such as, Times Square...




So I took to the roads and took my time. At my age there is seriously not much need for peak performance... so there is no pressure.  I enjoy sight-seeing along the way.

Like this colorful party bus... 
the one with loud Latin American party music blaring through the streets...



Some lady offered for me to climb on board and join the fun... I respectfully declined. Along my  morning run, another lady stopped to ask me for directions because she assumed I was a "local..." - I guess it was the jogging shorts...  

I scored a ticket this afternoon to a preview of "Leap of Faith - it was a phenomenal show - and lucky me... the ticket guy gave me a "student rush" seat on the 5th row which was cheap...cheap!! Raul Esparza was the lead - what a performance...  I sat beside the mother of Kecia Lewis-Evans. She had traveled  from Alabama (near where my relatives live) - she was so proud of her daughter. as well she should be...Kecia brought the house down with her vocals!  Kecia's mom's cell phone went off right smack in the middle of her performance!  

I just laughed and cried in that show today... you know it's a great show when it can make you both laugh and cry... "Leap of Faith" just might get a Tony nod... it's that good! What a surprise!

Tonight was Mary Poppins...


...and it WAS magical!!

It was in the Amsterdam Theatre which is ornate and stunningly gorgeous... built in 1903!! 
Burt walks on the ceiling and... 
Mary flies across the audience...it's just SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Karen and Stephanie, DLW's wonderful assistants, are here with us in NYC...
they are training on anterior CEREC porcelain crowns...
they're are loads of fun and sweet, sweet, too!



Tomorrow... we'll see the  new broadway hit, "Newsies".   I think it will be nominated for a Tony, too... so I'm pumped to see that show!

We ate at John's Pizza tonight... in an old church near Times Square... it is in an amazingly beautiful building with a stained glass window in the ceiling which is maybe 20x20... just breathtakingl!!



Last night was wonderful family time with Erin and Tyler.  They met us here in the Big Apple in the midst of a visit with some of their dear friends. We loved our time with them and catching up on their busy and changing lives... we had a Hard Rock dinner in Times Square... 


Since they live in Salt Lake, we cherish seeing them anytime we get the chance. Where will they live next? We are anxiously waiting to hear!! Family is the best!!! We love these two!

So many gifts... like traveling, making memories, family moments, music, theatre, pizza, music, stained glass ceilings, music, old architectural gems, dental team bonding, music,  creative performances...
did I say music?

It's all magical...  just like Mary Poppins!

La - Ti - Do!!!

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment