Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Twenty - eight years ago at noon...  on February 29th... Leap Day!!!....

That's went I into labor with my first born child...

I lived in the country in a little county seat town, New Castle, KY,  (I must mention that I loved everything  about that amazing little town...) We were approximately 45 minutes from the nearest hospital. I was a week overdue... snow covered the ground... it was a cold, cold day!

I was a bit stressed out that my new little baby was going to only have a birthday every FOUR years, but, my sweet mother (who always came for the birth of my babies) kept me calm and timed my contractions...

Well... the labor went 23 hours and 15 minutes.
Whew!  Little Lauren Mikeal was not born until the next day... March 1st... much to my relief!

She became the light of my life...


Big blue eyes and animated spirit... Lauren rocked my world!

She loved to sing... a natural performer... and, to my delight... Lauren chose a career in music and theatre!

Here is my favorite opera pic of Laurie:



This past Thanksgiving, Laurie married John (literally the boy-next-door!!) in our backyard... (it was another cold, cold day...) We've known and loved John forever! What a gift to our family!


Laurie and John


My beautiful girls...
Kelsey, Laurie, Christine (John's beautiful sister), and Erin!



Laurie singing at her wedding reception in our home... it was a tender moment!

The memories of Leap Day 1984 are as fresh as can be... and my life has been so rich because of this girl!

That darling little one made her way into my life and into my heart forever!!  

La - Ti - Do!

Jeanne

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me how much we miss you in New Castle. That little girl picture of Lauren is the Lauren I remember! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie... I miss New Castle every day! You were and still are a terrific friend... so glad to know and love you! By the way... you still look GREAT!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jeanne! Lauren and John are GREAT together and I am so happy for them. Great people come from GREAT people! :0) ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jason! I love this blogging... so therapeutic... so good for the soul!!

    ReplyDelete