Thursday, March 15, 2012

BLUE HAIR LIMITS





I am an artist, plain and simple.


Although, my girls would all say... 
Mom is an artist, flamboyant and eccentric! 


They are probably right! 


But I tell them, "I spent six years in music school and I know eccentric... and I don't think I am truly that! If you've been to any school for the arts, you know about really eccentric people... I mean, I do change my hair color pretty often, but it's never been purple or green or blue!!"


My Laurie performed this piece,
but she disabled the video,
so I found this 
performer on youtube... 
a really cute song about blue hair! 




Still, my girls are probably right ~ I know I'm eccentric...


These are the pitiful, glaring truths:


I have been caught singing pop songs in operatic voice 
while walking through the mall.
(My kids love this one!)

I find myself singing while in line to order my food... 
OMGosh, people DO turn around and stare!
(I don't even realize I am singing!)
*at least I am alway on pitch*

I love to dance and flit about the house...

Once, a long time ago
I went to the American Dance Festival
at Duke University...
ate quiche and went to classes...
(I even saw Martha Graham teaching a master class! - Way Cool!)

I always wanted to be a dancer... I like to think 
I would have been a prima ballerina!




I once emailed Dancing With the Stars and
told them they needed a regular person 
to compete against the stars 
and 
 I was their girl!!!



I like to sit at the piano and vocalize for hours...

I love to sing Opera...
not necessarily for others...
mostly just for me!

I take lots and lots of bubble baths...

I could sit in a coffee shop all day
and write music...

This one I composed on the beach 
looking across the gulf!



I love to create and write...
 A friend and I started writing a broadway show!
(It has a really good theme... we need to get 'er done!)

I love dresses and heels... 
glitter and glam...
real or fake...
sequins, jewels and pearls!!

AND

I have been known to hang out with
my fabulous eccentric friends... 
(don't worry, I won't name you... you know who you are!!)

So, I have to accept that eccentrism is part of my make-up.

My mom says they always knew when I walked into the house, because I would come bouncing in with positive energy and happy hellos... 

I think I still do the same... usually with a high pitched voice inflection... "Hellllooooo!"

Okay... I accept the diagnosis... and I appreciate that my friends and family all accept me with my weird, little artistic personality quirks... because...

It's me! I embrace it! It's a soul-filled way of living!

(Not gonna dye my hair blue, though!)

La - Ti - Do!

Jeanne















1 comment:

  1. I can hear you bouncing in saying Hellllooooo!

    ReplyDelete