Sunday, March 11, 2012

Firecracker


I went to see a friend today at the Waco Civic Theatre. 

Wesley Walker (psychotherapist buddy of mine) was the lead in the "Little Miss Firecracker Contest." 

Mid afternoon, I rushed over to the theatre, ran in and purchased a ticket right before the show... stumbled across the dark theatre floor to find my seat... which to my great delight... was right smack in the section where two other of my psych friends and their spouses...Pam and Mark Bailey..and... Ron and Sharon Cole, were sitting! It was great to catch up with them!

Firecracker was a funny show.  Wesley did a fabulous job playing a scuzzy no good who showed promise of character by the end of the play. He even got a little bloody in his role... it was funny, though! 

(I love the way character development in theatre is usually so diagnosable from the DSM point of view.)

During intermission, I walked outside to discover that the constant rain had ceased and guess what?


It was a beautiful, gloriously beautiful day in Waco, TX!!

After the show I captured the fun in a couple of pics!

Here are my friends - it was really great to hang out with them today!



And, I got a pic with (bloody) Wesley, too! We started our private practices together approximately 13 years ago.. helping each other along the journey. I also ran into Wesley's beautiful wife, Nancy, after the show, sad that I didn't get her in a pic...good friends are like gold!


So, you might just look for Wesley and Pam to be involved in a musical theatre endeavor with Therapy Center Stage sometime in the future...

More on that if and when it happens...

Life is good! Theatre is good! Friends are good! Good for the soul!

La - Ti - Do!

Jeanne

2 comments:

  1. I was sorry to miss the show....really sorry. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you, too, Kathleen! Wesley was wonderful...

    I loved the group therapy tonight... with a few chips and salsa, we could solve the problems of the world!

    ReplyDelete