Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gigantic and Tremendous Musical Events!



I would like to share one of my favorite artists
 with you guys!

His name is Alfie Boe...

 Hear this tenor voice singing "Bring Him Home"...
from Les Miserables 
Careful... you may release some tears...

Be sure to listen to the very end... 
and watch the reaction of the audience - 
these people 'get it!'



I love that moment at the end when all the
people cannot stop applauding!

 I enjoy opera...

It's fun and challenging to sing 
and I most appreciate when it's done well.

And... I *heart* Broadway...
I love a good broadway show... 
as music, dance, and acting, together culminate into one gigantic, tremendous, musical theatre event!

Actually, just about anything that involves live theatre (with great singing and dancing)... 
will totally captivate me!

Alfie is a British cross-over performer. He sings and performs both operatic roles and broadway show tunes.

(And, lately... there are gobs of cross-over artists...
many of the stars of 42nd street are making their television debuts this spring!)

It's a Broadway meets Hollywood kind of phenomenon!

My favorite, Alfie... is pioneering the way...
he's a shining example of one who can use excellent singing technique to perform both genres well!

Notice the incredible power in his voice as he sings... "What Have I Done?" from Les Miserables...




I always admire great singing.
When paired with great acting, it's even better!

I usually listen to master singers 
while I am getting ready in the morning... 
taking a bubble bath...
or
cleaning my closet...
It's a great way to start the day!

At least for a Soul-Singer!

La - Ti - Do!

Jeanne



No comments:

Post a Comment